Place of residence: Gravesend, Kent
Apprenticeship: Civil Engineering Technician Apprentice
- Chose to do a Civil Engineering Technician Apprenticeship so he could gain an overall knowledge of a site and how a construction project comes together.
- Completed the apprenticeship which took a total of 2 and half years and gained an NVQ Level 3 in Site Technical Support and a Level 3 Diploma in Civil Engineering.
- Current role as a trainee Quantity Surveyor involves working with the commercial team and assisting them with the procurement of sub-contractors for upcoming packages for the project. Jasdeep also works with certain QS’s assisting them with packages that he was involved in earlier on in the project as an Engineer.
- Prior to attaining the apprenticeship with Skanska Jasdeep worked various jobs such as working in retail, working with a consultancy firm and then working as a labourer with a small local building firm.
- Jasdeep hopes to complete his degree in Quantity Surveying, become chartered with the RICS and would like to witness the unveiling of Crossrail.
Click the video below to watch Jasdeep talk about his time as an apprentice on Europe's largest infastructure project.