We offer a once in a life time opportunity to work on the biggest and most exciting infrastructure project currently under development in Europe. We continue to stretch the boundaries of achievement and challenge ourselves whilst delivering the future of our London transport network.
We are not only offering rewarding and challenging career prospects, furthermore we are also offering a range of benefits, which are amongst the top tier in the current UK employment market.
We’re looking for individuals who can add value to the project by bringing their unique skills and experience to complete the role they are recruited for. Additionally we also want all our employees to represent and reflect our values in their approach to their work and the project as a whole throughout their career at Crossrail, and in return we can offer a rewarding and structured environment for the future.
We are looking for talented, unique and passionate individuals to join us and be a part of our success.
If you have what it takes to be part of our success story, and you would like to contribute towards this lasting legacy and have the once in a life time opportunity to work on the biggest and most exciting infrastructure project currently under development in Europe, we would like to hear from you.
We value the diversity that exists in London and aspire to this being reflected in our workforce.
IN THIS SECTION
OUR VISION AND VALUES
Crossrail’s mission is to deliver a world-class railway that fast tracks the progress of London.
Crossrail is a major employer and offers a significant opportunity to develop a highly skilled workforce. A significant investment in training and education maintains the high standards required to deliver the railway and will benefit future projects. A key priority is to maintain the highest health and safety standards across the project and help raise the bar for the industry.
- Safety – we put safety first
- Inspiration – it’s in our power to change things for the better
- Respect – we treat people as we’d like to be treated
- Collaboration – we’re stronger together
- Integrity – we keep our promises
Whether you are looking for a role in planning, policy-making or project management, if you can put these values into working practise as we do everyday, then we certainly would like to hear from you and encourage you to join our team.
COMMITTED TO PROMOTING DIVERSITY, VALUING TALENT AND RESPECTING EACH OTHER
We believe that new ideas, ground-breaking technology and innovations happen when you have a diverse team of people who each contribute new and different ways of thinking. We also know that people are at their most productive when they feel included and valued. That’s why diversity is one of our core values.
We know that the diversity of our people at Crossrail is one of our greatest strengths. To achieve our goal we employ unique and talented people from a range of different backgrounds – people who will join us with their talents and experiences and work in a way that enhances our values.
We pride ourselves on providing employment for disabled employees where we can, we are also more than willing to provide adjustments to a place of work where needed, and within the recruitment assessment process.
We believe that our continued success depends on these diverse skills, experiences, and backgrounds that our employees bring to the company and to the project as a whole.
We are convinced that diversity enables and enriches our performance, the communities where we work and live, and the experiences of our employees.
How we organise ourselves
The Crossrail project is the biggest construction project in Europe and is one of the largest single infrastructure investments ever undertaken in the UK. Over 75 per cent of the project has now been delivered, and the project is being delivered on time and on budget.
The diversity of individuals and skills we require to complete this task is simply huge with specialities ranging from both Site roles to Office support roles.
Our locations are based across London, with our Head Office functions located at Canary Wharf in London, and an over 40 worksites spread across the central section of the project in the capital.
Not only do we have a range of corporate divisions that support our every day operations, but we also have a vast construction team which delivers the project in an operational capacity.
We offer great opportunities for talented and motivated individuals that lead to exciting careers prospects.
Programme Delivery - east, west, central and systemwide
Our programme delivery section within Crossrail is responsible for overseeing the design, delivery and implementation of the entire Crossrail Programme which includes all the works and activities necessary to construct and commission the new railway from Reading and Heathrow in the west to Shenfield and Abbey Wood in the east.
- Surface: The Crossrail Surface team is the focal point of the relationship between us and Network Rail for all of the works done in this partnership. Within this partnership the Crossrail Surface team is responsible for ensuring that Network Rail deliver against all of the requirements and their works is carried out in an effective and efficient manner with the wider integration into the overall Crossrail Programme.
- Operations: The operations team is a joint group of individuals between Rail for London and Crossrail responsible for ensuring the operator is fully engaged during design and construction of the railway. We are particularly keen to ensure that testing, commissioning and trial operations are properly planned and effectively delivered so that transfer into operations and maintenance is a simple and stress free event.
- Health & Safety: Our Health & Safety department is one of our most crucial and vital directorates within the business, making sure we not only deliver the project safely, but provide our colleagues high quality every day support. It provides Health and Safety improvements, assurance, accident/incident capture, monitoring, and coordination of our Target Zero programme.
- Programme Controls: The Programme Control department at Crossrail is responsible for developing and leading a world-class programme controls function through robust reporting and sound management protocols, which will support the project to deliver Crossrail safely and to time, specification and cost. The primary purpose of Programme Controls is to support the delivery of the Crossrail Programme, whilst setting the standards, providing the definition of processes and procedures to be adhered to throughout the programme.
- Technical: Our technical division within Crossrail has the overall accountabilities to establish the programme baselines, manage programme change control and assure baseline integrity. The Technical Directorate is divided into the following areas of responsibility: Chief Engineers Group; Sustainability and Consents; Technical Information; Requirements & Integration; Rail Systems & Commissioning; Quality; and Audit.
Our Corporate Functions are responsible for the running of the business and play a vital role in supporting the Programme Delivery teams who are constructing the railway.
Corporate Functions consist of:
- Finance: The Finance team is responsible for managing and controlling Crossrail’s finances to maintain expenditure and cost within the total funding available to the project. The main teams within this area are: Financial Control; Analysis & Planning; and Project Accounting.
- Information Technology: The IT team is structured of our own staff and those of an outsourced IT service provider. Our IT team consists of three divisions: Business Systems, Technology Systems, and IT Services; all focussed on delivering simple IT solutions that enable the safe and affordable delivery of the Crossrail Project
- Land & Property: The Land & Property department is responsible for acquiring all the land necessary to build the project, creating commercial value from over-site developments to help fund the project, designing public realm improvements that will improve the setting of our stations as well as safeguarding the future potential.
- Commercial & Secretariat: The Commercial team helps to build a commercially successful and operational railway that will meet and exceed the expectations, including Procurement and Legal divisions. The team helps establish the commercial relationships that enable Crossrail to be delivered and challenge delivery teams to work accordingly.
- Talent & Resources: Talent & Resources team is responsible for the overall people agenda and partners closely with the business. The main teams within this area are HR and Recruitment, Organisational Effectiveness, Skills and Employment, and Facilities Management.
- External Affairs: Our External Affairs Department has a vast remit of responsibility delivered through several key teams including Stakeholder Engagement, Community Relations, Media relations, Public Affairs and Site Communications.