The success of the Crossrail programme depends on a knowledgeable and engaged workforce.
To achieve this Crossrail provides both formal and informal training and development opportunities designed to help employees grow in their jobs and careers.
Our employees have the opportunity to:
- Attend training sessions designed to help them develop further in their current role
- Be involved in projects to build experience and prepare for the next role on the Crossrail programme
- Gain further qualifications in areas that help to improve their specialist technical ability
- Apply for professional development
- Receive coaching and feedback through formal and informal mentoring relationships
- Participate in continuing development opportunities
As Crossrail continues in the years ahead so will the opportunities for self development. Staff will be able to access virtual learning resource centres providing e-learning, on line access to training films, electronic books, business games, simulations and interactive training.
Crossrail employees build a personal development plan each year that identifies how they can continue to improve their capability through development and training and work towards progress in their chosen profession. Professional support is always available.
We positively encourage everyone to take an active role in their personal development.