The Programme Control department at Crossrail is responsible for developing and leading a world-class controls function through robust reporting and sound management protocols, which will support the project to deliver Crossrail safely and to time, specification and cost.
The primary purpose of this team is to support the delivery of the Crossrail in its entirety, whilst setting the standards, providing the definition of processes and procedures to be adhered to throughout the programme, bringing foresight and advice with analysis and insight based on interpreting project level data.
Some of the teams key responsibilities include:
- Providing integrated information to decision makers and members of the Executive committee, the Board and the Sponsors, with reliable and timely information on the current and projected status of the programme;
- Bringing the foresight and advice of programme level analysis and insight based on interpreting project level data;
- Delivering assurance that supports the management and control of the delivery costs, schedule and performance objectives for the whole programme to minimise risk of any failure;
- Presenting Programme Controls information at agreed gateway Review Points, and providing regular forecasts for Intervention Point assessments;
- Ensuring the information about programme milestones is linked to stakeholder funding points; and
- Processing the notification, appraisal and implementation of changes with the Sponsors.