Our technical division within Crossrail has the overall accountabilities to establish the programme baselines, manage programme change control and assure baseline integrity.
The technical team includes all engineering matters, interface and infrastructure protection whilst managing technical risks during the construction of the project.
Additionally the responsibilities of environmental management / consents and sustainability, including traffic and highways are looked after within the division.
It’s remit stretches even further by including engineering safety management, system delivery strategies and technical interfaces with stations, tunnels, portals, shafts, rolling stock & depot, and Network Rail.
The Technical Directorate is divided into six main areas of responsibility which include:
- Audit - Program Assurance Planning and ISO9001 Certification.
- Chief Engineering - technical authority for all engineering matters including the technical interface for infrastructure protection, technical assurance managing technical risk during construction and engineering support to construction.
- Sustainability & Consent - environmental minimum requirements such as environmental management, traffic & highways including consents, planning, undertakings & assurances and environmental consents with sustainability.
- Technical Information - technical information management, asset information and configuration management, document control, geographical information systems (GIS), CAD management & support services and Building Information Modelling (BIM) including information applications and best practice.
- Programme Security - Liaison with Police & Agencies, Advice on Security, Liaison on Counter Terrorism, Intelligence on Security Issues.
- Systemswide - requirements management, technical interface specification, assumptions & RFI, systemwide delivery strategies and systemwide procurement process. Testing, integrated commissioning & handover of railway systems into passenger operations and reliability, availability & maintainability of the systemwide programme of works. Technical interfaces with stations, tunnels portals, shafts, rolling stock & depot and network rail.