Crossrail has completed the construction of the first of its new train tunnels under London. Our lead tunnelling machine, Phyllis has finished the project’s first train tunnel, 17 months after commencing her 4.2 mile (6.8 km) journey from Royal Oak in west London to Farringdon in central London.
During the coming weeks Phyllis will be dismantled and her 130 metre long trailer system will be removed from the tunnel.
Send us your ideas for inclusion in our time capsule
The front “can” will remain underground near Farringdon in central London and we are inviting you to send us your ideas for items to be included in a time capsule to be left inside Phyllis’ can.
If your idea is chosen as a winner it will be included in the time capsule and you will be offered the chance to have a guided tour of one of Crossrail's construction sites.
Competition rules for entrants:
- Only one entry per person will be considered, so think carefully about your idea before submitting it to us.
- If you have a specific object that you would like to be buried in the time capsule make sure it is small enough to fit inside. The dimensions of the time capsule are 45cm x 15cm x 12cm.
- Make sure you provide a clear explanation of why your idea should win. Include your name, age and the city in your entry.
- Winners will be chosen by a Crossrail panel of judges.
- Please don't send us the actual object at this stage - if we like your idea we will contact you to make arrangements for collecting the object.
- The competition is only open to residents of the UK.
- Entries must be received by 5.00pm, Wednesday 30 October 2013.
To enter our competition, send us your ideas by:
Telephone: 0345 602 3813 (Crossrail Helpdesk)
Post: Freepost Crossrail (no postage required)