A number of improvements are being delivered at Brentwood station in preparation for the new Elizabeth line services. Most of this work has now been completed by Transport for London (TfL).
COMPLETED IMPROVEMENT WORKS
TfL successfully refurbished the ticket office and waiting room in early 2017. The canopy glazing at the main entrance has been replaced and platform 4 gateline works have also been completed.
- A new entrance door in the main ticket hall
- New station signage, help points, customer information screens and CCTV
- Platform extensions to accommodate the new 200m long Elizabeth line trains have also been completed along with platform redecoration and new shelters
- Refurbished toilets/accessible toilet and waiting room on platform 3 & 4
- Refurbished platform buildings and waiting room the station is now brighter and more accessible, with new accessible toilets and ticket office windows
- The ticket gates have been relocated to help make our staff more visible
TfL has also redecorated inside and out and improved live travel information to help get your journey off to a good start.
Brentwood station is also now step-free from platform to street (Platforms 1, 2 & 3), whilst work continues with Network Rail for a solution to platform 4.
ONGOING IMPROVEMENT WORKS
- Canopy roof renewal works to platforms 1,2 & 4 is due for completion in summer 2019
ELIZABETH LINE SERVICES FROM BRENTWOOD
Since May 2015, TfL has been operating the stopping services from Brentwood station. New TfL Rail trains are being gradually introduced between Shenfield and Liverpool Street.
When the full route opens, passengers will be able to travel through central London without having to change trains.
At peak times, Brentwood station will be served by 12 services an hour in each direction.
If you have queries about the work taking place please contact Network Rail, which is delivering the Crossrail upgrades:
- Call: 03457 11 41 41
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org