A number of improvements have been delivered at Chadwell Heath station in preparation for the new Elizabeth line services. Most of this work has now been completed by Transport for London (TfL).
COMPLETED IMPROVEMENT WORKS
- New station signage, help points, customer information screens and CCTV
- Platform extensions to accommodate the new 200m long Elizabeth line trains have also been completed along with platform redecoration and new shelters
- Refurbished ticket hall, platform buildings and waiting room the station is now brighter and more accessible, with new accessible toilets and ticket office windows
- The ticket gates have been relocated to help make our staff more visible
Chadwell station is also now step-free from platform to street.
ONGOING IMPROVEMENT WORKS
- Remaining parts of the canopy on platforms 2 & 3 are being redecorated and will be completed by end of June 2019
Crossrail has also been working with the London Borough of Redbridge on improvements to the area around the station.
ELIZABETH LINE SERVICES FROM CHADWELL HEATH
In May 2015, TfL took over the operation of the stopping services from Chadwell Heath station. New TfL Rail trains are being gradually introduced between Shenfield and Liverpool Street.
When the full route opens, passengers will be able to travel through central London without having to change trains.
At peak times 12 Elizabeth line services an hour will run between Shenfield and central London, calling at all stations. An additional four services an hour will run between Gidea Park and Liverpool Street main line station, westwards in the morning peak and eastwards in the evening peak.
If you have queries about the work taking place please contact Network Rail, which is delivering the Crossrail upgrades:
- Call: 03457 11 41 41
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org