A number of improvements are being delivered at Goodmayes station in preparation for the new Elizabeth line service, including:
- Platform extensions to accommodate the new 200m long Elizabeth line trains
- Three new lifts to provide step-free access to all platforms
- Improvements to the existing footbridge
- Improvements to the ticket hall
- New station signage, help points, customer information screens and CCTV.
Crossrail has also been working with the London Borough of Redbridge on proposals for improvements to the area around the station. Early proposals were published in 2014.
ELIZABETH LINE SERVICES FROM GOODMAYES
In May 2015, TfL took over the operation of the stopping services from Goodmayes station.
From May 2017, new trains will be introduced between Shenfield and Liverpool Street.
From December 2019, when the route fully opens, passengers will be able to travel through central London without having to change trains.
At peak times 12 trains an hour will run between Shenfield and central London, calling at all stations. An additional four trains an hour will run between Gidea Park and the existing Liverpool Street station, westward in the morning peak and eastward in the evening peak.
KEY JOURNEY TIMES FROM GOODMAYES
CURRENT JOURNEY TIME
CROSSRAIL JOURNEY TIME
|48 mins||32 mins|
|38 mins||29 mins|
|31 mins||21 mins|
Heathrow 2 & 3
|1 hr 11 mins||57 mins|
Complete our contact us form to receive regular updates about work in the local area.
If you have queries about the work taking place please contact Network Rail, which is delivering the Crossrail upgrades:
- Call: 03457 11 41 41
- E-mail: email@example.com
Current Works(View on map)
- Estimated start date:
- Estimated end date:
Description of work:
Details of work as PDF:
- Invitation to public information session in Goodmayes: Monday 11th May 2015
- Improvement works at Goodmayes station
- Goodmayes Station update August 2015
- Goodmayes update - December 2015
- Goodmayes Station April 2016 update
- Goodmayes Platform adjustments June 2016
- Goodmayes station update December 2016