A number of improvements are being delivered at Goodmayes station in preparation for the new Elizabeth line service. Most of this work is being undertaken by Transport for London (TfL).
COMPLETED IMPROVEMENT WORKS
- Platform redecoration
- Refurbished waiting shelter
ONGOING IMPROVEMENT WORKS
- New station signage, help points, customer information screens and CCTV
- Platform extensions to accommodate the new 200m long Elizabeth line trains, along with platform redecoration and new seating
- Refurbished ticket hall with new ticket gates and ticket machines
- Three new lifts providing step-free access from the street to all platforms
TfL's work to upgrade the station is expected to be complete in summer 2019. This work will include refurbishing and redecorating platform buildings and canopies, and installing new platform shelters and seating.
Network Rail's work to upgrade the station is expected to be complete in summer 2019. During this work, please use the temporary ticket office outside the station entrance on Goodmayes Road. Alternatively, use contactless payment or nearby Oyster ticket stops.
Crossrail has also been working with the London Borough of Redbridge on proposals for improvements to the area around the station.
ELIZABETH LINE SERVICES FROM GOODMAYES
In May 2015, TfL took over the operation of the stopping services from Goodmayes station. New TfL Rail trains are being gradually introduced between Shenfield and Liverpool Street.
When the full route opens, passengers will be able to travel through central London without having to change trains.
At peak times 12 Elizabeth line services an hour will run between Shenfield and central London, calling at all stations. An additional four services an hour will run between Gidea Park and Liverpool Street main line station, westward in the morning peak and eastward in the evening peak.
If you have queries about the work taking place please contact Network Rail, which is delivering the Crossrail upgrades:
- Call: 03457 11 41 41
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org