A number of improvements are being delivered at Harold Wood station in preparation for the new Elizabeth line service, including:
- A new footbridge over the tracks with new staircases
- Three new lifts to provide step free access to every platform
- Platform extensions to accommodate the new, 200m long Elizabeth line trains
- New platform lighting
- New station signage, help points, customer information screens and CCTV.
Crossrail has also been working with the London Borough of Havering on proposals for improvements to the area around the station. Early proposals were published in 2014.
ELIZABETH LINE SERVICES FROM HAROLD WOOD
In May 2015, TfL took over the operation of the stopping services from Harold Wood station.
From May 2017, new trains will be introduced between Shenfield and Liverpool Street.
From December 2019, when the route fully opens, passengers will be able to travel through central London without having to change trains.
At peak times 12 trains an hour will run between Shenfield and central London, calling at all stations.
KEY JOURNEY TIMES FROM HAROLD WOOD
CURRENT JOURNEY TIME
CROSSRAIL JOURNEY TIME
|1 hr 2 mins||43 mins|
|50 mins||40 mins|
|43 mins||32 mins|
Heathrow 2 & 3
|1 hr 23 mins||1 hr 8 mins|
Complete our contact us form to receive regular updates about work in the local area.
If you have queries about the work taking place please contact Network Rail, which is delivering the Crossrail upgrades:
- Call: 03457 11 41 41
- E-mail: email@example.com
Current Works(View on map)
- Estimated start date:
- Estimated end date:
Description of work:
Details of work as PDF:
- Reduced car parking at Harold Wood from 8 August 2015
- Harold Wood update August 2015
- Harold Wood station update - December 2015
- Harold Wood - Christmas works, December 2015
- Harold Wood - bridge lift, Jan 2016
- Harold Wood update March 2016
- Harold Wood Platform adjustments June 2016
- Harold Wood works update August 2016
- Harold Wood update Christmas 2016