Ilford station will be completely rebuilt as part of the Crossrail programme, including a new station entrance, better ticket hall and new lifts.
Improvements will include:
- A new spacious, modern and bright station building on Cranbrook Road
- A larger ticket hall with simplified ticket facilities and larger gate-line
- New lifts for platforms 1, 2/3, and 4
- Platform extensions to accommodate the new 200 metre long Elizabeth line trains.
The new station building has been designed to stand out as a recognisable landmark on Cranbrook Road and to be a prominent building that is visible from the surrounding area. Further improvements will also be delivered to prepare the station for the start of Elizabeth line services including improved lighting, signage, customer information points, CCTV and overhead information screens.
Transport for London has already enhanced the access from York Road by creating a new ticket hall from an existing Network Rail building. The new ticket hall includes:
- two new ticket machines, four new ticket gates and a wide aisle gate
- improved customer information
- newly painted walls and tiled floor and ceiling
- deep cleaning and restoration of the building exterior
- new wayfinding signage and lighting.
Crossrail has also been working with the London Borough of Redbridge on proposals for improvements to the area around the station. Early proposals were published in 2014.
ELIZABETH LINE SERVICES FROM ILFORD STATION
In May 2015, TfL took over the operation of the stopping services from Ilford station.
From summer 2017, new trains will be introduced between Shenfield and Liverpool Street.
From December 2019, when the route fully opens, passengers will be able to travel through central London without having to change trains.
At peak times 12 trains an hour will run between Shenfield and central London, calling at all stations. An additional four trains an hour will run between Gidea Park and the existing Liverpool Street station, westward in the morning peak and eastward in the evening peak.
KEY JOURNEY TIMES FROM ILFORD STATION
CURRENT JOURNEY TIME
CROSSRAIL JOURNEY TIME
|43 mins||27 mins|
|33 mins||24 mins|
|26 mins||17 mins|
Heathrow 2 & 3
|1 hr 6 mins||52 mins|
Complete our contact us form to receive regular updates about work in the local area.
If you have queries about the work taking place please contact Network Rail, which is delivering the Crossrail upgrades:
- Call: 03457 11 41 41
- E-mail: email@example.com
Current Works(View on map)
- Estimated start date:
- Estimated end date: