Crossrail, together with Network Rail and Transport for London (TfL), are working on Shenfield station to prepare for the start of the Elizabeth line services.
CONNECTING SHENFIELD TO THE ELIZABETH LINE
- New customer information screens and signage
- A new platform (Platform 6)
- Accessible by lifts
- Step-free from platform to street
- Improvements to the area around the station in partnership with Brentwood Brough Council
A FLEET OF NEW TRAINS
- A train every 5 minutes at peak times in central London
- Walk-through carriages
- Space for 1,500 people
- CCTV, WiFi, and live travel information
- Environmentally efficient
- Majority of works at Shenfield have been completed
ELIZABETH LINE SERVICES FROM SHENFIELD
Since May 2015, TfL has been operating the stopping services from Shenfield station. New TfL Rail trains are being gradually introduced between Shenfield and Liverpool Street.
When the full route opens, passengers will be able to travel through central London without having to change trains.
At peak times, Shenfield station will be served by 12 Elizabeth line services an hour in each direction. Fast services into Liverpool Street will be unaffected by the introduction of the new Crossrail service.
If you have queries about the work taking place please contact Network Rail, which is delivering the Crossrail upgrades:
- Call: 03457 11 41 41
- E-mail: email@example.com