Crossrail is one of the first transport projects to consider the railway infrastructure in a comprehensive and integrated manner, from the tunnels to the stations, the developments around the stations and the public spaces beyond.
Crossrail has integrated the designs for 12 major property developments over and around its central London stations and other key infrastructure as part of the project. Development plans cover over three million sq ft of high quality office, retail and residential space between Paddington and Woolwich.
Income from Crossrail property development is targeted to generate approximately £500 million, which forms part of the core Crossrail funding strategy. A number of major development partners are already collaborating with the project and planning consent has been gained for all 12 major sites.
In addition to the developments being taken forward by Crossrail Ltd, research commissioned in 2014 revealed the extent to which the project is boosting the supply of new residential and commercial properties.
The Development Pipeline Study, carried out by GVA, found that nearly half of all planning applications within a kilometre of a future Elizabeth line station cited the new railway as a major reason for the development taking place.
The report shows that:
- Crossrail is unlocking major development in Central London, the East End and outer areas such as Woolwich and Southall
- The number of planning applications using Crossrail as justification is increasing over time
- Greater transport capacity, new connections and planned enhancements around and above stations is transforming areas all along the line
Download Crossrail property research studies
- GVA Crossrail Property Impact Regeneration Study
- Crossrail Development Pipeline Study, March 2014
- Crossrail Development Pipeline Study, March 2014 - Executive Summary
- Crossrail Property Impact Study, October 2012
- Crossrail Property Impact Study - Executive Summary, October 2012
Contact our planning team
As Crossrail development schemes move from the planning phase into construction, interested parties can contact the Land and Property team at Crossrail or the individual commercial agents listed.
Click on the links below to find out more about each development opportunity.