The new Crossrail Custom House station is the only Central Section surface station. It is located in East London, one stop from Canary Wharf, lies to the north of the Royal Victoria Dock, and is at the junction of Victoria Dock Road and Freemasons Road.
The station will welcome regional and international visitors to London’s largest conference centre ExCeL, and create a transport interchange with DLR and local buses, providing further benefits such as enabling reduced journey times to ExCeL and London City airport for people coming from the West and reduced journey times to central London for those in the East.
The station will provide a focus for the regeneration of the wider and local areas, which comprise mostly 1960s brick-built terraced houses and mixed tenure low-rise flats of between three and four storeys, in line with London Borough of Newham’s aspirations and the Canning Town and Custom House Masterplan.
The new station at Custom House will replace the disused North London Line station and is comprised of three parts:
- a new 24 hour public route from Custom House to ExCeL and the Royal Docks; and
- the Crossrail station itself, an elevated and canopied concourse above an island platform.
- On the western corner of Freemasons Road and Victoria Dock Road is a one to two storey Victorian building, formerly The Barge public house and currently used as hostel accommodation, which will form the site for the station entrance.
Gallery - architects impressions of Custom House station
We want to ensure that you know everything you want to about Crossrail. Complete our contact us form to join our mailing list and to receive our quarterly update bulletin by email.
Alternatively, you can contact our Public Helpdesk:
- CALL: 0345 602 3813, 24 hours/7 days a week
- POST: FREEPOST CROSSRAIL (no postage or address required)
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org