Acton Main Line station will benefit from major improvements in preparation for the new Elizabeth line services including a redeveloped station entrance and façade, new ticket hall, new lifts, platform extensions, new signage, help points, customer information screens and CCTV.
A new, bright, spacious ticket hall will provide a more welcoming environment for passengers and a range of other improvements are being made to the station.
ONGOING IMPROVEMENT WORKS
Network Rail's improvement work is due to finish when the Elizabeth line fully opens. Contracts were awarded in May 2019 and the station will remain open throughout the improvement works.
The works include:
- A new footbridge with new lifts to provide step free access to every platform
- Platform extensions to accommodate the new 200m long Elizabeth line trains
- New lighting, customer information screens, station signage, help points and CCTV
- New ticket gates and ticket office
- Two new lifts and a new footbridge providing step-free access to platforms
Crossrail has also been working with Ealing Council on proposals for improvements to the area around the station.
ELIZABETH LINE SERVICES FROM ACTON MAIN LINE
TfL Rail provides stopping services from Paddington to Heathrow Airport (Terminals 2&3 and Terminal 4 stations) via Hayes & Harlington.
Services from Paddington to Heathrow run every 30 minutes, with a journey time of about 35 minutes. Free shuttle services run from Terminals 2&3 to Terminal 5 with a journey time of 6 minutes.
When the full route opens, four Elizabeth line services an hour in each direction will serve Acton Main Line, making it quicker and easier to get to destinations across London, South Bucks and Berkshire.
If you have queries about the work taking place please contact Network Rail, which is delivering the Crossrail upgrades:
- Call: 03457 11 41 41
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org