Crossrail, together with Network Rail and Transport for London (TfL), are working on Hanwell station to prepare for the start of the Elizabeth line services.
CONNECTING HANWELL TO THE ELIZABETH LINE
- Refurbished Grade II listed station building, with a new waiting room on the westbound and eastbound platforms and refurbished toilets
- New customer information screens and signage
- Accessible by lifts
- Step-free from platform to street
- New accessible ticket window
- Improvements to the area around the station in partnership with Ealing Council
A FLEET OF NEW TRAINS
- A train every 5 minutes at peak times in central London
- Walk-through carriages
- Space for 1,500 people
- CCTV, WiFi and live travel information
- Environmentally efficient
- West Stations Newsletter - January 2020
- West Stations Newsletter - December 2019
- West Stations Newsletter - November 2019
- West Stations Newsletter - October 2019
- West Stations Newsletter - September 2019
- West Stations Newsletter - August 2019
- West Stations Newsletter - July 2019
ELIZABETH LINE SERVICES FROM HANWELL
TfL Rail provides stopping services from Paddington to Heathrow Airport (Terminals 2&3 and Terminal 4 stations) via Hayes & Harlington.
Services from Paddington to Heathrow run every 30 minutes, with a journey time of about 35 minutes. Free shuttle services run from Terminals 2&3 to Terminal 5 with a journey time of 6 minutes.
When the full route opens, four Elizabeth line trains an hour will allow passengers to travel to Heathrow or through the central London tunnels to Southeast London and Essex.
You can take some types of bikes on some of TfL Rail services. To find out which these are, see TfL's user guide or use the advanced options in Cycle Journey Planner.
If you have queries about the work taking place please contact Network Rail, which is delivering the Crossrail upgrades:
- Call: 03457 11 41 41
- E-mail: email@example.com