Maidenhead Station will benefit from a number of significant improvements in preparation for the new Elizabeth line services including a redeveloped main ticket office, improved ticket hall layout, new platform canopies, a new lift to platform 1, platform extensions, new signage, help points, customer information screens and CCTV.
COMPLETED IMPROVEMENT WORKS
These improvements have been delivered by Network Rail.
The works include:
- New platform canopies have been installed
- New sidings have been built to the west of the station to accommodate the Elizabeth line trains
- The train shed on platform 4/5 has been removed
Overhead electric wires have also been installed by Network Rail on the line, enabling new electric trains to run between Paddington and Maidenhead.
Extensive track and signalling work has also been undertaken to improve reliability and increase capacity.
Maidenhead station is also now step-free from platform to street.
Crossrail has also been working with the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead on possible improvements to the area around the station.
ONGOING IMPROVEMENT WORKS
Network Rail's improvement work is due to finish when the Elizabeth line fully opens.
The works include:
- A new lift to platform 1
- Improvements to the ticket hall
- Platform extensions to accommodate the new 200m long Elizabeth line trains
- New platform canopies to accommodate overhead line equipment
- New signage, help points, customer information screens and CCTV
The latest newsletters from Network Rail regarding progress on the western sections can be found here:
- Download West Stations Newsletter August 19
- Download West Stations Newsletter July 19
- Download Hillingdon stations major milestone timeline July 19
ELIZABETH LINE SERVICES FROM MAIDENHEAD
When the full route opens, four Elizabeth line trains an hour (six an hour at peak times) will allow passengers to travel right through central London without having to change trains. Two Elizabeth line trains an hour (four an hour at peak times) will run between Maidenhead and Reading.
Fast services currently operated by Great Western Railway will be unaffected by the introduction of Elizabeth line services.
If you have queries about the work taking place please contact Network Rail, which is delivering the Crossrail upgrades:
- Call: 03457 11 41 41
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org