Crossrail, together with Network Rail and Transport for London (TfL), are working on Reading station to prepare for the start of the Elizabeth line services.
CONNECTING READING TO THE ELIZABETH LINE
- New customer information screens and signage
- 200+ metre long platforms
- Accessible by lifts
- Step-free from platform to street
A FLEET OF NEW TRAINS
- A train every 5 minutes at peak times in central London
- Walk-through carriages
- Space for 1,500 people
- CCTV, WiFi and live travel information
- Environmentally efficient
ELIZABETH LINE SERVICES FROM READING
When the full route opens, four Elizabeth line trains an hour (six an hour at peak times) will allow passengers to travel right through central London without having to change trains. Two Elizabeth line trains an hour (four an hour at peak times) will run between Maidenhead and Reading.
Fast services currently operated by Great Western Railway will be unaffected by the introduction of Elizabeth line services.
If you have queries about the work taking place please contact Network Rail, which is delivering the Crossrail upgrades:
- Call: 03457 11 41 41
- E-mail: email@example.com