A number of improvements are being delivered at Slough station as part of the Crossrail programme.
The upgrades to the station, which are being carried out by Network Rail, include:
- An improved ticket line for the southern entrance
- Extending platforms 2 to 5 to accommodate 200 metre long Elizabeth line trains
- Cutting back station canopies to accommodate overhead line equipment
- New signage, help points, customer information screens and CCTV.
Crossrail has also been working with Slough Borough Council on improvements to the area around the station. Early proposals were published in 2014.
In addition to the station works, overhead electric wires have been installed on the line enabling new, electric trains to run through the station and extensive track and signalling work will improve reliability and increase capacity.
ELIZABETH LINE SERVICES FROM SLOUGH
From December 2019, four Elizabeth line trains an hour in each direction will serve Slough station, allowing passengers to travel right through central London without having to change trains. An additional two Elizabeth line trains an hour will call at Slough station at peak times.
If you have queries about the work taking place please contact Network Rail, which is delivering the Crossrail upgrades:
- Call: 03457 11 41 41
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org