Crossrail, together with Network Rail and Transport for London (TfL), are working on Southall station to prepare for the start of the Elizabeth line services.
Southall station will benefit from major improvements in preparation for the new Elizabeth line services including a redeveloped station entrance and façade, and a new, bright, spacious ticket hall will provide a more welcoming environment for passengers and a new forecourt will reduce congestion at the entrance to the station. Contracts were awarded in May 2019.
CONNECTING SOUTHALL TO THE ELIZABETH LINE
- A new entrance, including new ticket hall, ticket office and ticket gates
- New customer information screens and signage
- 200+ metre long platforms
- Accessible by lifts
- Step-free from platform to street
- Improvements to the area around the station in partnership with Ealing Council
A FLEET OF NEW TRAINS
- A train every 5 minutes at peak times in central London
- Walk-through carriages
- Space for 1,500 people
- CCTV, WiFi and live travel information
- Environmentally efficient
LATEST PROGRESS FROM NETWORK RAIL
- West Stations Newsletter - October 2019
- West Stations Newsletter - September 2019
- Southall Drop In Session – September 2019
- West Stations Newsletter - August 2019
- West Stations Newsletter - July 2019
- Ealing Stations Major Milestone Timeline – July 2019
ELIZABETH LINE SERVICES FROM SOUTHALL
TfL Rail provides stopping services from Paddington to Heathrow Airport (Terminals 2&3 and Terminal 4 stations) via Hayes & Harlington.
Services from Paddington to Heathrow run every 30 minutes, with a journey time of about 35 minutes. Free shuttle services run from Terminals 2&3 to Terminal 5 with a journey time of 6 minutes.
When the full route opens, up to ten Elizabeth line services an hour in each direction will serve Southall, making it quicker and easier to get to destinations across London, South Bucks and Berkshire.
If you have queries about the work taking place please contact Network Rail, which is delivering the Crossrail upgrades:
- Call: 03457 11 41 41
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org