Southall station will benefit from major improvements in preparation for the new Elizabeth line services including a redeveloped station entrance and façade, new ticket hall, new lifts, platform extensions, new signage, help points, customer information screens and CCTV.
A new, bright, spacious ticket hall will provide a more welcoming environment for passengers and a new forecourt will reduce congestion at the entrance to the station.
ONGOING IMPROVEMENT WORKS
Network Rail's improvement work is due to finish when the Elizabeth line fully opens. Contracts were awarded in May 2019 and the station will remain open throughout the improvement works.
The works include:
- A new footbridge with three new lifts to provide step-free access to every platform
- Platform extensions so the station can accommodate the new 200m long Elizabeth line trains
- New lighting, customer information screens, station signage, help points and CCTV
Southall station will be step-free from platform to street by December 2020.
Crossrail has also been working with Ealing Council and Network Rail to help develop plans for improvements to the area around the station.
The latest newsletters from Network Rail regarding progress on the western sections can be found here:
- Download West Stations Newsletter August 19
- Download West Stations Newsletter July 19
- Download Ealing stations major milestone timeline July 19
ELIZABETH LINE SERVICES FROM SOUTHALL
TfL Rail provides stopping services from Paddington to Heathrow Airport (Terminals 2&3 and Terminal 4 stations) via Hayes & Harlington.
Services from Paddington to Heathrow run every 30 minutes, with a journey time of about 35 minutes. Free shuttle services run from Terminals 2&3 to Terminal 5 with a journey time of 6 minutes.
When the full route opens, up to ten Elizabeth line services an hour in each direction will serve Southall, making it quicker and easier to get to destinations across London, South Bucks and Berkshire.
If you have queries about the work taking place please contact Network Rail, which is delivering the Crossrail upgrades:
- Call: 03457 11 41 41
- E-mail: email@example.com