Crossrail, together with Network Rail and Transport for London (TfL), are working on West Drayton station to prepare for the start of the Elizabeth line services.
West Drayton station will benefit from major improvements in preparation for the new Elizabeth line services including a new glass and steel extension will provide an additional entrance as well as a covered walkway between the existing building and a new footbridge. Three new lifts will provide step-free access to every platform. Contracts were awarded in May 2019.
CONNECTING WEST DRAYTON TO THE ELIZABETH LINE
- A redeveloped main ticket office, improved ticket hall layout
- New platform canopies
- New customer information screens and signage
- 200+ metre long platforms
- Accessible by lifts
- Step-free from platform to street
- Improvements to the area around the station in partnership with Hillingdon Council
A FLEET OF NEW TRAINS
- A train every 5 minutes at peak times in central London
- Walk-through carriages
- Space for 1,500 people
- CCTV, WiFi and live travel information
- Environmentally efficient
- West Stations Newsletter - January 2020
- West Stations Newsletter - December 2019
- West Stations Newsletter - November 2019
- 15 Dec Paddington to Reading Route
- Fares Information Poster
- West Stations Newsletter - October 2019
- West Stations Newsletter - September 2019
- West Drayton Drop In Session - September 2019
- West Stations Newsletter - August 2019
- West Stations Newsletter - July 2019
- Hillingdon Stations Major Milestone Timeline - July 2019
ELIZABETH LINE SERVICES FROM WEST DRAYTON
When the full route opens, up to six Elizabeth line services an hour will serve West Drayton station, allowing passengers to travel right through central London without having to change trains.
You can take some types of bikes on some of TfL Rail services. To find out which these are, see TfL's user guide or use the advanced options in Cycle Journey Planner.
If you have queries about the work taking place please contact Network Rail, which is delivering the Crossrail upgrades:
- Call: 03457 11 41 41
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org