West Ealing station will benefit from major improvements in preparation for the new Elizabeth line services including a new station entrance and façade, new ticket hall, new lifts, a new bay platform, extensions to the other platforms, new signage, help points, customer information screens and CCTV.
A new, bright, spacious ticket hall will be constructed as part of the overhaul of the station. The glass and steel structure will let in natural light and will be surrounded by a large canopy.
ONGOING IMPROVEMENT WORKS
Network Rail's improvement work is due to finish when the Elizabeth line fully opens. Contracts were awarded in May 2019 and the station will remain open throughout the improvement works.
The works include:
- A new station footbridge with lifts and stairs connecting the platforms to the station building providing step-free access from the street to all platforms
- A new ticket hall and ticket gates with office
- Platform extensions to accommodate the new 200m long Elizabeth line trains
- New bay platform for Greenford Branch trains by widening platform 4
- New lighting, customer information screens, station signage, help points and CCTV
West Ealing station will be step-free from platform to street by December 2020.
In addition to the station improvements, Crossrail has been working with Ealing Council on proposals for improvements to the area around the station.
The latest newsletters from Network Rail regarding progress on the western sections can be found here:
- Download West Stations Newsletter August 19
- Download West Stations Newsletter July 19
- Download Ealing stations major milestone timeline July 19
ELIZABETH LINE SERVICES FROM WEST EALING
TfL Rail provides stopping services from Paddington to Heathrow Airport (Terminals 2&3 and Terminal 4 stations) via Hayes & Harlington.
Services from Paddington to Heathrow run every 30 minutes, with a journey time of about 35 minutes. Free shuttle services run from Terminals 2&3 to Terminal 5 with a journey time of 6 minutes.
When the full route opens, four Elizabeth line services an hour will allow passengers from West Ealing to travel through the central London tunnels or west towards Heathrow, South Bucks or Berkshire.
If you have queries about the work taking place please contact Network Rail, which is delivering the Crossrail upgrades:
- Call: 03457 11 41 41
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org