The Crossrail Learning Legacy website is a new online resource which shares insight from the largest infrastructure project in Europe.
This open resource includes peer-reviewed case studies detailing specific learnings on the project and the strategies, processes and procedures that have been developed to deliver the project.
The resource is already populated with over 100 documents detailing the early learnings of the Crossrail programme. It will grow over the duration of the project and aims to promote a culture of sharing and transparency.
Key early learnings include:
- Project Management: The benefits of Crossrail’s Performance Assurance Framework in sharing best practice and driving world-class standards amongst contractors.
- Health & Safety: The use of leading Health & Safety indicators and Crossrail’s Health & Safety Performance Index to drive positive behaviours and prevent incidents.
- Environment: The processes used to meet stringent emissions control standards, manage construction vibration impacts on listed buildings and source construction materials ethically.
- Information Management: Ensuring consistency and co-ordination across over 120 sites and contracts through a Common Data Environment.
- Engineering: Managing ground movement during excavation and delivering large-scale excavation and concrete lining under London.
Crossrail’s Learning Legacy will be extended to cover learnings on: Procurement, Authorisation & Consents, Land & Property, Talent & Resources, Innovation, External Affairs, Operations.
Visit our dedicated Learning Legacy website for further information and to access the documents.