Key innovation themes
Innovate18 has set four themes to guide innovators and help generate ideas.
Innovation Management Process
- SUBMISSION: An innovation idea is submitted via the Innovate18 portal. The innovation team work with the site based Project Champion to agree whether the idea should be developed.
- DISCOVERY: The Project Champion builds up a detailed understanding of the idea through direct discussions with the innovator and through engaging with the wider innovation community. The idea can be implemented immediately and shared with the community, parked for future consideration, or submitted for competition for funding.
- COMPETITION: The innovation team runs a competition for funding twice a year. Ideas submitted by Project Champions are evaluated, and shortlisted for consideration by the Crossrail Innovation Working Group (CIWG).
- CHALLENGE: The Crossrail Innovation Working Group (CIWG) review and challenges ideas to ensure they are innovative, deliverable and provide clear benefits. The CIWG can also challenge some of the ideas not recommended by the innovation team, requesting that they be included in the shortlist.
- COMPETITION AND DELIVERY: Shortlisted ideas are presented to the Crossrail Innovation Forum (CIF), which ultimately approves the innovations that are to be funded. On CIF approval, the Innovation Team work with the Project Champions and innovators to deliver the invested ideas.