The Crossrail Learning Legacy is the collation and dissemination of good practice, lessons learned and innovation from the Crossrail construction programme aimed at raising the bar in the industry and showcasing UK PLC.
The Crossrail Learning Legacy aims to share knowledge and insight, through means such as case studies and technical papers providing lessons and recommendations to help others. Documents and templates that were used successfully on the Crossrail programme are provided to be ‘pinched with pride’ by other projects. The Learning Legacy also showcases the experts behind the delivery of the Crossrail programme through author biographies.
The Learning Legacy contains over 650 documents detailing the learnings from the Crossrail programme and continues to grow as the project approaches completion. Content is arranged in 12 key Themes.
Key learnings include:
- Programme Management: The benefits of Crossrail’s Performance Assurance Framework in sharing best practice and driving world-class standards amongst contractors.
- Health & Safety: The use of leading Health & Safety indicators and Crossrail’s Health & Safety Performance Index to drive positive behaviours and prevent incidents.
- Environment: The processes used to meet stringent emissions control standards, manage construction vibration impacts on listed buildings and drive positive environmental performance by contractors.
- Information Management: Ensuring consistency and co-ordination across over 120 sites and contracts through a Common Data Environment.
- Engineering: Managing ground movement during excavation, delivering large-scale excavation and concrete lining under London and fitting out the tunnels and stations with railway systems.