The Elizabeth line is now open, and very limited construction works are still ongoing.
Throughout the construction of the railway we committed to provide up-to-date information about construction works along the route to ensure local communities understood not only the benefits the new railway would bring but also information about the progress of construction.
We held regular community liaison panels to help communicate with, and address concerns of, local authorities, neighbouring residents, community groups and businesses.
The meetings served as two-way channels between Crossrail Ltd and its contractors, and the local community in affected areas, addressing construction activity and other associated issues.
The first panel was set up in 2006 and as works have concluded the meetings scaled down and have now been discontinued.
The final meeting was held on 21 June 2022 at Whitechapel. Please see below links to the presentations of meetings from 2020 to 2022.
- Download: Whitechapel Community Liaison Panel - 21 June 2022
- Download: Whitechapel Community Liaison Panel - 24 February 2022
- Download: Whitechapel Community Liaison Panel - 27 July 2021
- Download: Whitechapel Community Liaison Panel - 25 May 2021
- Download: Whitechapel Community Liaison Panel - 23 February 2021
- Download: Whitechapel Community Liaison Panel - 24 November 2020
Each meeting included an overall Crossrail project update and site-specific works updates that provided both information about works progress and an outline of forthcoming works that may have an impact on the local community. Residents, businesses and local authority members had the opportunity to speak to our construction teams in order to better understand the impact of our works on the local area.
For further information about our liaison panels view our Learning Legacy paper on 'Implementing Project Community Relations' here.