Crossrail, Network Rail and Transport for London (TfL) have worked together at Forest Gate station to prepare for the start of Elizabeth line services.
CONNECTING FOREST GATE TO THE ELIZABETH LINE
- An improved ticket hall with new ticket gates
- New customer information screens and signage
- Accessible by three new lifts
- Step-free from platform to street
- Improvements to the area around the station in partnership with London Borough of Newham
A FLEET OF NEW TRAINS
- A train every 5 minutes at peak times in central London
- Walk-through carriages
- Space for 1,500 people
- CCTV, WiFi and live travel information
- Environmentally efficient
- All Elizabeth line upgrade works at Forest Gate have been completed, including the refurbished ticket office, new lifts and new stairs to Platforms 2, 3 and 4
ELIZABETH LINE SERVICES FROM FOREST GATE
Since May 2015, TfL has been operating the stopping services from Forest Gate station. Class 345 trains purpose-built for the Elizabeth line are in use between Shenfield and Liverpool Street.
When the Elizabeth line is fully open passengers will be able to travel through to central London without having to change trains, however, from the railway’s launch in May 2022 until the autumn of 2022 you will need to change at Liverpool Street for Elizabeth line stations between Paddington and Abbey Wood.
At peak times 12 Elizabeth line services an hour will run between Shenfield and central London, calling at all stations. An additional two services an hour will run between Gidea Park and Liverpool Street mainline station at peak times.
Due to the platform length at Forest Gate, not all doors on 9-carriage, full-length Elizabeth line trains will open. Audio and visual information as to which carriages you can alight from will be available on the train.
You can take some types of bikes on some of TfL Rail services. Read more on TfL’s Cycle on public transport page here.
If you have queries about the work taking place please contact Network Rail, which is delivering the Crossrail upgrades:
- Call: 03457 11 41 41
- E-mail: [email protected]