Crossrail, Network Rail and Transport for London (TfL) have worked together at Gidea Park station to prepare for the start of Elizabeth line services.
CONNECTING GIDEA PARK TO THE ELIZABETH LINE
- An improved ticket hall
- Improved accessible toilets
- New customer information screens and signage
- 200+ metre long platforms
- Accessible by lifts
- Step-free from platform to street
- Improvements to the area around the station in partnership with London Borough of Havering
A FLEET OF NEW TRAINS
- A train every 5 minutes at peak times in central London
- Walk-through carriages
- Space for 1,500 people
- CCTV, WiFi and live travel information
- Environmentally efficient
- All Elizabeth line upgrade works at Gidea Park have been completed
- The main lifts have been opened - August 2019
- A wheelchair lift on the footbridge (between the ticket office and the main lifts) is open
- Step free access from the car park entrance end of the footbridge to the main lifts is available
ELIZABETH LINE SERVICES FROM GIDEA PARK
Since May 2015, TfL has been operating the stopping services from Gidea Park station. Class 345 trains purpose-built for the Elizabeth line are in use between Shenfield and Liverpool Street.
When the Elizabeth line is fully open passengers will be able to travel through to central London without having to change trains, however, from the railway’s launch in May 2022 until the autumn of 2022 you will need to change at Liverpool Street for Elizabeth line stations between Paddington and Abbey Wood.
At peak times 12 Elizabeth line services an hour will run between Shenfield and central London, calling at all stations. An additional two services an hour will run between Gidea Park and Liverpool Street mainline station at peak times.
You can take some types of bikes on some of TfL Rail services. Read more on TfL’s Cycle on public transport page here.
If you have queries about the work taking place please contact Network Rail, which is delivering the Crossrail upgrades:
- Call: 03457 11 41 41
- E-mail: [email protected]