Crossrail, together with Network Rail and Transport for London (TfL), have worked on Goodmayes station to prepare for the start of the Elizabeth line services.
CONNECTING GOODMAYES TO THE ELIZABETH LINE
- An improved ticket hall with new ticket gates
- New customer information screens and signage
- 200+ metre long platforms
- Accessible by three new lifts
- Step-free from platform to street (Platforms 2, 3 & 4 only)
- Improvements to the area around the station in partnership with London Borough of Redbridge
A FLEET OF NEW TRAINS
- A train every 5 minutes at peak times in central London
- Walk-through carriages
- Space for 1,500 people
- CCTV, WiFi and live travel information
- Environmentally efficient
- Majority of major works at Goodmayes have been completed
- The lift to Platform 1 will be brought into use at a later date
ELIZABETH LINE SERVICES FROM GOODMAYES
In May 2015, TfL took over the operation of the stopping services from Goodmayes station. New TfL Rail trains are being gradually introduced between Shenfield and Liverpool Street.
When the full route opens, passengers will be able to travel through central London without having to change trains.
At peak times 12 Elizabeth line services an hour will run between Shenfield and central London, calling at all stations. An additional four services an hour will run between Gidea Park and Liverpool Street main line station, westward in the morning peak and eastward in the evening peak.
If you have queries about the work taking place please contact Network Rail, which is delivering the Crossrail upgrades:
- Call: 03457 11 41 41
- E-mail: [email protected]