Crossrail, together with Network Rail and Transport for London (TfL), have worked on Harold Wood station to prepare for the start of the Elizabeth line services.
CONNECTING HAROLD WOOD TO THE ELIZABETH LINE
- An improved ticket hall with new ticket gates
- Refurbished waiting room and improved accessible toilets
- New customer information screens and signage
- 200+ metre long platforms
- Accessible by three new lifts
- Step-free from platform to street
- Improvements to the area around the station in partnership with London Borough of Havering
A FLEET OF NEW TRAINS
- A train every 5 minutes at peak times in central London
- Walk-through carriages
- Space for 1,500 people
- CCTV, WiFi, and live travel information
- Environmentally efficient
- The lifts and ticket office at Harold Wood were completed in December 2019. The ticket office opened in December while the lifts were brought into use in early January 2020.
- The works at Harold Wood are now completed and Network Rail's contractor is demobilised and left the site. This has allowed the local authority to mobilise its contractor to start the urban realm works.
ELIZABETH LINE SERVICES FROM HAROLD WOOD
In May 2015, TfL took over the operation of the stopping services from Harold Wood station. New TfL Rail trains are being gradually introduced between Shenfield and Liverpool Street.
When the full route opens, passengers will be able to travel through central London without having to change trains.
At peak times 12 Elizabeth line services an hour will run between Shenfield and central London, calling at all stations. An additional four services an hour will run between Gidea Park and Liverpool Street mainline station, westwards in the morning peak and eastward in the evening peak.
You can take some types of bikes on some of TfL Rail services. To find out which these are, see TfL's user guide or use the advanced options in Cycle Journey Planner.
If you have queries about the work taking place please contact Network Rail, which is delivering the Crossrail upgrades:
- Call: 03457 11 41 41
- E-mail: [email protected]