Crossrail, together with Network Rail and Transport for London (TfL), are working on Acton Main Line station to prepare for the start of the Elizabeth line services.
Acton Main Line station will benefit from major improvements in preparation for the new Elizabeth line services including a new, bright, spacious ticket hall which will provide a more welcoming environment for passengers and a range of other improvements are being made to the station. Contracts were awarded in May 2019
CONNECTING ACTON MAIN LINE TO THE ELIZABETH LINE
- An improved ticket hall with new ticket gates and office
- New customer information screens and signage
- 200+ metre long platforms
- Accessible by lifts
- Step-free from platform to street
- Improvements to the area around the station in partnership with Ealing Council
A FLEET OF NEW TRAINS
- A train every 5 minutes at peak times in central London
- Walk-through carriages
- Space for 1,500 people
- CCTV, WiFi and live travel information
- Environmentally efficient
- West Stations Newsletter September 2020
- West Stations Newsletter August 2020
- West Stations Newsletter July 2020
- West Stations Newsletter June 2020
- West Stations Newsletter April 2020
- West Stations Newsletter March 2020
- West Stations Newsletter February 2020
- West Stations Newsletter January 2020
- West Stations Newsletter December 2019
- West Stations Newsletter November 2019
- West Stations Newsletter October 2019
- West Stations Newsletter September 2019
- West Stations Newsletter August 2019
- West Stations Newsletter July 2019
- Hillingdon Stations Major Milestone Timeline July 2019
- Ealing Stations Major Milestone Timeline July 2019
ELIZABETH LINE SERVICES FROM ACTON MAIN LINE
TfL Rail provides stopping services from Paddington to Heathrow Airport (Terminals 2&3 and Terminal 4 stations) via Hayes & Harlington.
Services from Paddington to Heathrow run every 30 minutes, with a journey time of about 35 minutes. Free shuttle services run from Terminals 2&3 to Terminal 5 with a journey time of 6 minutes.
When the full route opens, four Elizabeth line services an hour in each direction will serve Acton Main Line, making it quicker and easier to get to destinations across London, South Bucks and Berkshire.
You can take some types of bikes on some of TfL Rail services. To find out which these are, see TfL's user guide or use the advanced options in Cycle Journey Planner.
If you have queries about the work taking place please contact Network Rail, which is delivering the Crossrail upgrades:
- Call: 03457 11 41 41
- E-mail: [email protected]