Crossrail, together with Network Rail and Transport for London (TfL), are working on Ealing Broadway station to prepare for the start of the Elizabeth line services.
Major improvements are being delivered at Ealing Broadway station in preparation for the new Elizabeth line services. The new station will have a long, curved canopy running the length of the forecourt, the dated façade will be replaced with a new glass structure and a new entrance twice the size of the existing one will give the building a much larger, brighter feel. Contracts were awarded in May 2019.
CONNECTING EALING BROADWAY TO THE ELIZABETH LINE
- An improved ticket hall with new ticket gates and office
- New customer information screens and signage
- 200+ metre long platforms
- Accessible by lifts
- Step-free from platform to street (excluding Platform 9)
- Improvements to the area around the station in partnership with Ealing Council
A FLEET OF NEW TRAINS
- A train every 5 minutes at peak times in central London
- Walk-through carriages
- Space for 1,500 people
- CCTV, WiFi and live travel information
- Environmentally efficient
- West Stations Newsletter September 2020
- West Stations Newsletter August 2020
- West Stations Newsletter July 2020
- West Stations Newsletter June 2020
- West Stations Newsletter April 2020
- West Stations Newsletter March 2020
- West Stations Newsletter February 2020
- West Stations Newsletter January 2020
- West Stations Newsletter December 2019
- West Stations Newsletter November 2019
- West Stations Newsletter October 2019
- West Stations Newsletter September 2019
- West Stations Newsletter August 2019
- West Stations Newsletter July 2019
- Hillingdon Stations Major Milestone Timeline July 2019
- Ealing Stations Major Milestone Timeline July 2019
ELIZABETH LINE SERVICES FROM EALING BROADWAY
TfL Rail provides stopping services from Paddington to Heathrow Airport (Terminals 2&3 and Terminal 4 stations) via Hayes & Harlington.
Services from Paddington to Heathrow run every 30 minutes, with a journey time of about 35 minutes. Free shuttle services run from Terminals 2&3 to Terminal 5 with a journey time of 6 minutes.
When the full route opens, up to twelve Elizabeth line services an hour in each direction will serve Ealing Broadway, making it quicker and easier to get to destinations across London, South Bucks and Berkshire.
You can take some types of bikes on some of TfL Rail services. To find out which these are, see TfL's user guide or use the advanced options in Cycle Journey Planner.
If you have queries about the work taking place please contact Network Rail, which is delivering the Crossrail upgrades:
- Call: 03457 11 41 41
- E-mail: [email protected]