Crossrail, together with Network Rail and Transport for London (TfL) have worked together at Hayes & Harlington station to prepare for the start of the Elizabeth line services.
Passengers travelling from Hayes & Harlington station can now benefit from major improvements in preparation for the new Elizabeth line services including a redeveloped station entrance and façade, and a new, bright, spacious ticket hall providing a more welcoming environment for passengers. Leading from the new ticket hall, with its widened gateline and new ticket machines and customer information screens, is a new footbridge and lifts to all platforms. On the platform level, a new waiting room and toilets are available, and extended platform canopies. Contracts were awarded in May 2019.
CONNECTING HAYES & HARLINGTON TO THE ELIZABETH LINE
- An improved ticket hall with new ticket gates and office
- New customer information screens and signage
- 200+ metre long platforms
- Accessible by lifts
- Step-free from platform to street
A FLEET OF NEW TRAINS
- A train every 5 minutes at peak times in central London
- Walk-through carriages
- Space for 1,500 people
- CCTV, WiFi and live travel information
- Environmentally efficient
- West Stations Newsletter July 2021
- West Stations Newsletter May 2021
- West Stations Newsletter February 2021
- West Stations Newsletter January 2021
- West Stations Newsletter December 2020
- West Stations Newsletter November 2020
- West Stations Newsletter October 2020
- West Stations Newsletter September 2020
- West Stations Newsletter August 2020
- West Stations Newsletter July 2020
- West Stations Newsletter June 2020
- West Stations Newsletter April 2020
- West Stations Newsletter March 2020
- West Stations Newsletter February 2020
- West Stations Newsletter January 2020
- West Stations Newsletter December 2019
- West Stations Newsletter November 2019
- West Stations Newsletter October 2019
- West Stations Newsletter September 2019
- West Stations Newsletter August 2019
- West Stations Newsletter July 2019
- Hillingdon Stations Major Milestone Timeline July 2019
- Ealing Stations Major Milestone Timeline July 2019
The station improvement works at Hayes & Harlington are now complete and passengers are benefitting from the upgraded facilities.
Heidi Alexander, Deputy Mayor for Transport: “The improvements made to Hayes & Harlington station will make a huge difference to all those using the station, particularly those who need step-free access. It’s great to see so many stations being upgraded as part of the Crossrail project as we count down to the opening of the Elizabeth line, which will transform travel across the capital.”
Howard Smith, TfL's Chief Operating Officer for the Elizabeth line: "Hayes & Harlington is a busy interchange for customers using Heathrow Airport and now the station has lifts available for anyone who needs to use them, benefitting those travelling with luggage, wheelchair users, as well as those with buggies. The work to deliver the Elizabeth line means that customers using TfL Rail services out of Paddington benefit from stations with new facilities including step-free access ahead of the Elizabeth line opening next year, which will transform accessibility in the capital.”
Read more about the station opening in our press release here.
ELIZABETH LINE SERVICES FROM HAYES & HARLINGTON
TfL Rail provides stopping services from Paddington to Heathrow Airport (Terminals 2&3 and Terminal 4 stations) via Hayes & Harlington.
Services from Paddington to Heathrow run every 30 minutes, with a journey time of about 35 minutes. Free shuttle services run from Terminals 2&3 to Terminal 5 with a journey time of 6 minutes.
When the full route opens, up to ten Elizabeth line services an hour will allow passengers from Hayes & Harlington to travel to Reading or Heathrow in the west or through the central London tunnels to Essex and southeast London.
You can take some types of bikes on some of TfL Rail services. To find out which these are, see TfL's user guide or use the advanced options in Cycle Journey Planner.
Gallery - architects impression of Hayes & Harlington Station
If you have queries about the work taking place please contact Network Rail, which is delivering the Crossrail upgrades:
- Call: 03457 11 41 41
- E-mail: [email protected]