Crossrail, together with Network Rail and Transport for London (TfL), are working on Hayes & Harlington station to prepare for the start of the Elizabeth line services.
Hayes & Harlington station will benefit from major improvements in preparation for the new Elizabeth line services including a redeveloped station entrance and façade, and a new, bright, spacious ticket hall will provide a more welcoming environment for passengers and a range of other improvements will be made to the station. Contracts were awarded in May 2019.
CONNECTING HAYES & HARLINGTON TO THE ELIZABETH LINE
- An improved ticket hall with new ticket gates and office
- New customer information screens and signage
- 200+ metre long platforms
- Accessible by lifts
- Step-free from platform to street
A FLEET OF NEW TRAINS
- A train every 5 minutes at peak times in central London
- Walk-through carriages
- Space for 1,500 people
- CCTV, WiFi and live travel information
- Environmentally efficient
- West Stations Newsletter September 2020
- West Stations Newsletter August 2020
- West Stations Newsletter July 2020
- West Stations Newsletter June 2020
- West Stations Newsletter April 2020
- West Stations Newsletter March 2020
- West Stations Newsletter February 2020
- West Stations Newsletter January 2020
- West Stations Newsletter December 2019
- West Stations Newsletter November 2019
- West Stations Newsletter October 2019
- West Stations Newsletter September 2019
- West Stations Newsletter August 2019
- West Stations Newsletter July 2019
- Hillingdon Stations Major Milestone Timeline July 2019
- Ealing Stations Major Milestone Timeline July 2019
Whilst building works at Hayes and Harlington station are taking place, drop off facilities are currently limited to the short-term car parking spaces near the entrance to Station Approach.
Stopping and parking restrictions in Station Approach are being strictly enforced by a private contractor and it is not possible to pick up or drop off passengers anywhere else along the road.
Drop off arrangements once the new station is built and the Elizabeth line opens are still being finalised.
ELIZABETH LINE SERVICES FROM HAYES & HARLINGTON
TfL Rail provides stopping services from Paddington to Heathrow Airport (Terminals 2&3 and Terminal 4 stations) via Hayes & Harlington.
Services from Paddington to Heathrow run every 30 minutes, with a journey time of about 35 minutes. Free shuttle services run from Terminals 2&3 to Terminal 5 with a journey time of 6 minutes.
When the full route opens, up to ten Elizabeth line services an hour will allow passengers from Hayes & Harlington to travel to Reading or Heathrow in the west or through the central London tunnels to Essex and southeast London.
You can take some types of bikes on some of TfL Rail services. To find out which these are, see TfL's user guide or use the advanced options in Cycle Journey Planner.
Gallery - architects impression of Hayes & Harlington Station
If you have queries about the work taking place please contact Network Rail, which is delivering the Crossrail upgrades:
- Call: 03457 11 41 41
- E-mail: [email protected]