Crossrail, together with Network Rail and Transport for London (TfL), are working on West Ealing station to prepare for the start of the Elizabeth line services.
West Ealing station will benefit from major improvements in preparation for the new Elizabeth line services including a new station entrance and façade, and a new, bright, spacious ticket hall will be constructed as part of the overhaul of the station. The glass and steel structure will let in natural light and will be surrounded by a large canopy. Contracts were awarded in May 2019.
CONNECTING WEST EALING TO THE ELIZABETH LINE
- A new ticket hall, ticket office and ticket gates
- New bay platform for Greenford Branch trains by widening Platform 4
- New customer information screens and signage
- 200+ metre long platforms
- Accessible by lifts
- Step-free from platform to street
- Improvements to the area around the station in partnership with Hillingdon Council
A FLEET OF NEW TRAINS
- A train every 5 minutes at peak times in central London
- Walk-through carriages
- Space for 1,500 people
- CCTV, WiFi and live travel information
- Environmentally efficient
- West Stations Newsletter July 2020
- West Stations Newsletter June 2020
- West Stations Newsletter April 2020
- West Stations Newsletter March 2020
- West Stations Newsletter February 2020
- West Stations Newsletter January 2020
- West Stations Newsletter December 2019
- West Stations Newsletter November 2019
- West Stations Newsletter October 2019
- West Stations Newsletter September 2019
- West Stations Newsletter August 2019
- West Stations Newsletter July 2019
- Hillingdon Stations Major Milestone Timeline July 2019
- Ealing Stations Major Milestone Timeline July 2019
ELIZABETH LINE SERVICES FROM WEST EALING
TfL Rail provides stopping services from Paddington to Heathrow Airport (Terminals 2&3 and Terminal 4 stations) via Hayes & Harlington.
Services from Paddington to Heathrow run every 30 minutes, with a journey time of about 35 minutes. Free shuttle services run from Terminals 2&3 to Terminal 5 with a journey time of 6 minutes.
When the full route opens, four Elizabeth line services an hour will allow passengers from West Ealing to travel through the central London tunnels or west towards Heathrow, South Bucks or Berkshire.
You can take some types of bikes on some of TfL Rail services. To find out which these are, see TfL's user guide or use the advanced options in Cycle Journey Planner.
If you have queries about the work taking place please contact Network Rail, which is delivering the Crossrail upgrades:
- Call: 03457 11 41 41
- E-mail: [email protected]